- 2 Avocados
- 1-2 tablespoons onion, finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1-2 tablespoons tomatoes, chopped
- 2-4 teaspoons lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or as desired
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, or as desired
- Simply peel and mash avocado in a bowl. Then add all the other seasonings together!
Notes: Feel free to add more onion, salt or pepper as desired. If you would like a richer taste, after mixing first chill the bowl for 30 minutes in the refrigerator to let the flavors blend together before serving.
Serve this as a power snack alongside any of the following options:
- Unsalted tortilla chips
- Warm pita bread strips
- Baked pita chips
- Carrot/cucumber/celery sticks
- Red, orange or yellow bell pepper sticks
- Apple slices
- Pretzel sticks
- Vegan ‘cheese’ shreds and whole-wheat/corn tortillas as mini ‘roll-ups’
- Zucchini crisps
- In lettuce leaves as ‘mini-wrap’ sandwiches (feel free to add beans, chopped boiled egg, strips of cooked poultry meat or cheese if desired)
This is a great dish for your child’s afternoon snack or potluck/party/picnic contribution!