Need to whip up some guacamole super fast? Try this simple recipe below for fresh delicious guacamole to go with your Mexican feast or pair it with one of these tasty options:
- Unsalted tortilla chips
- Warm pita bread strips
- Baked pita chips
- Carrot/cucumber/celery sticks
- Red, orange or yellow bell pepper sticks
- Apple slices
- Pretzel sticks
- Vegan ‘cheese’ shreds and whole-wheat/corn tortillas as mini ‘roll-ups’
- Zucchini crisps
- In lettuce leaves as ‘mini-wrap’ sandwiches (feel free to add beans, chopped boiled egg, strips of cooked poultry meat or cheese if desired)
It’s easy enough that you can enlist your little kitchen helper to mash together the ingredients. Pictured here is my kindergarten daughter’s final creation!
Using avocados, this recipe is full of healthy fats, and is naturally dairy-free, egg-free, oil-free and gluten-free too.
- 2 avocados
- 2 tablespoons onion (finely minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons tomatoes (diced)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice (more if desired)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (more if desired)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (more if desired)
peel and mash the avocadoes in a bowl.
Add all the other seasonings into the bowl and mix well together. Ready to serve!
Feel free to add more onion, salt or pepper as desired. If you would like a richer taste, after mixing first chill the bowl for 30 minutes in the refrigerator to let the flavors blend together before serving.